Differdange ville in partnership with Survcoin:
Differdange Mobility Program For Employees
How to join MobiDiff?
- download the app from the links above
- from your phone click on the join link that you received by email
How to change the language?
Why do I have 2 notifications all the time? (Android only)
The notifications show you that you have 2 services running in the background one for detecting buses via bluetooth and one for detecting biking and walking via accelerometer and GPS.
Can I remove the two notifications? (Android only)
- Yes you can make them invisible from your phone settings:
- App Info > Notifications > Notification categories > Tracking
Do I need a data connection for the app to work?
- yes, the app needs internet in order to work
- the trips will not be recorded without internet on the phone
What can I do to increase the accuracy of commute validation for walking and biking?
- Open once the app before you leave from home
- this will wake up the application and the phone sensors giving better accuracy
- Open once the app when you arrived at work
- this will refresh the status of the app and will make sure the work location is taken even if indoor, because with the app closed the location is taken only if the phone is moving, not when is resting on a desk.
Data protection: what (personal) information is kept in the app?
- The phone number is mandatory for security purposes
- A nickname and a name are generated randomly at sign-up
- The nickname can be changed from the member profile
- An avatar picture can be uploaded
- Location data is never kep
- Answers to quizzes or questions may be kept but unless is specified that is an anonymized quiz/question
How does bus detection work?
- The app is looking for some special bluetooth beacons which are installed in the buses
- Each bus has a different code
- When you enter the bus the signal is detected and the bus icon turns green
- If you ride the same bus for more than 4 minutes the double arrow turns green and your trip is valid
- After you get of the buss you have 35min to arrive to work/home to get the reward
- For now, you can combine the bus with the car if you are using P+R
How does walk and bike detection work?
- Walk and bike detection is based on the phone accelerometer and location services running in the background on your phone
- Location is used to detect the activity, speed, and is the start and end point of the commute are: home and work.
- No location is ever saved
Why is my walk or bike commute not recorded?
- The commute took longer than 2h
- Location permissions not set to “Allow all the time”
- “in vehicle” activity was detected
- “walking” or “on foot” or “bicycle” activity NOT detected
- Suspicious high speed
- Commute shorter than 300m
- No internet connection
Everything seems fine but the trip is still not recorded, why?
- Sometimes, some phone models remain locked for a while in one type of activity, usually “still”or “unknown”.
- This has nothing to do with the app, so to fix it you should try to restart the phone.
Why is my bus commute not recorded?
- Bluetooth is off on the phone
- Location permissions are not granted
- The bus ride took less than 4 minutes
- Two different busses are detected in the same time
- if a second bus is detected before you ride 4 minutes the trip is reset (the app thinks you might changed the bus)
- you will have to ride another 4 minutes to validate the trip
- normally the BLE beacons are calibrated to cover only the bus, but the signal is influenced by many factors
- the signal is sometimes a bit stronger to cover also the more crowded buses so it can go out of the bus sometimes
- The bus is very crowded and the phone is far from the bus bluetooth beacon
- No internet connection
What can I do to increase the accuracy of bus commute validation?
- Opening the app while being on the bus makes sure the sensors are waken up but more importantly the phone will have better bluetooth signal than from your pocket
- Sitting closer to the center of the bus, means closer to the beacon, especially if the bus is crowded